whipping on pitons

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Cartier and his friend Kip grabbed the first go on the rehabilitated Flying Circus. Stout business, but all there to be done...

I bet that sissy didn't do the sit-start to reasonable richard. Probably should go back and do it again so he can say he climbed it.

I saw them last week, I think he might have done that one. :lmao:

Ah, can't say I'd be clipping any ring pins with high hopes and expectations - those are more about keeping the history...

ive been in the dolomites for the last two weeks and id say if you dont like clipping ring pitons youd be in mighty big trouble over here...hahaha no one seems to be dying so maybe you guys are just a tad jaded with the bomber gear on most of our routes..ive done 20 pitch routes over here on only pitons even hanging belays with just one ring piton shimmed in with wood with my ass blowin in the wind 600m above the deck..suck it up boys

by the way the climbing here is un fuckin beleivably rad!! ill write a tr at the end of the month when im back

off to the pyrenees now

adios

jesse

by the way the climbing here is un fuckin beleivably rad!! ill write a tr at the end of the month when im back

Asshole.

I'm in my cube right now. I've been thinking about heading there for a long time. I have the Dolomite guide book at home...and still have my empty my dreams....sigh...

Sounds like you're having just way too much fun. I want to see that TR Jesse, get lots of good pics eh?

JH: rolled up it. Still seemed physical, I think that's cause I'm old and weak in the upper body. But we did YW afterwards and that felt easy and could have done some more too but we both had family obligations, my bro and his wife were in town and Ujhans Aunt had come into town as well.

definately took the whip on Sagitarius long in the 'dex at the roof prolly close to 15+ feet on a pin that was pounded straight up and came out okay with all my limbs intact.

though when i do clip a pin in a situation where it may take a fall or anytime for that matter i try to give it a good jerk and listen for funky hollow sound or marked movement

pins a plus