wishful thinking on Prusik

pdawg

Stumbling back along the South Face of Prusik, my partner and I noticed a number of stellar lines on the lower left face. Though I can't believe an FA would still be possible there, I have to ask. Have all those lines been done? If they have been, is there a definitive listing somewhere?

thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of cracks on that face, but my guess is that with how popular it is pretty much all of them have been climbed by people who are off route and people who don't care about reporting routes. We got off route for a pitch or two last year and found pins and bolts where there is no known route.

Thanks for the advice, even the obvious stuff. i suppose I wasn't specific enough with my question. Is there a definitive guide to the Enchantments? More to the point, if I'm looking for a guide to Cascade rock( not snow and ice routes) which guide do you suggest? The venerable Beckey? Or something more specialized?

BTW, Kevbone, it's good to see that you haven't lost any of your mad agent provocateur skills.

It's wilderness area, meaning it's illegal to bolt.

No, it means it's illegal to power bolt. Irrelevant spray anyway.

RE guidebooks: brown Beckey is pretty much it, though Nelson's selected has a route or two in it. Scour the TR's here too, as good an info source as any.