Voting

kevbone

On the way home last night I was listening to Michael Savage, for those of you who do not know who he is……he is a completely insane wacked out loony that has a huge ego. I agree with about 2% of what he talks about……I listen to him for entertainment while my other shows are on a commercial……..anyway……

He did make a very strong point about voting. He stated that if you are on government aid of any kind, you should note be allowed to vote. For example…..any government contracts for government business should not be allowed to vote. Only those who pay there own way should be allowed to vote. Otherwise you are just voting were the money comes from. This would also include elected officials.

I may not be able to repeat his point as well as he could……but you get the point. I totally agree with this.

I found this very interesting……

Then I turned the channel back to Randi Roads…….

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Let's start arbitrarily disenfranchising people, and then we can eventually get people we disagree with to stop voting. Hey, I know! Let's start with the poor! Then we can take away their government aid and they can't do anything about it!

They're all a bunch of street rats and riff-raff anyway. Plutocracy, baby! Yeah!

seems it would get alot of people off govt aid.

This isn't the dumbest thing I've heard.

"In 2004, the percentage of those in the highest income brackets voted at a rate nearly three times that of those in the lowest."

I don't think the welfare set would need too long to decide on this one.

If you counted all federal aid, would you count college grants? Social Security? Farm Aid?

The profiteers in Golly Burton aren't officially on an aid or grant program. According to the contracts, they are providing a service.

I almost forgot about the construction crews working on government buildings and federally funded roads. What about school teachers? Part of their salary comes from Washington DC as well.

Edited by fenderfour

good for you. I'm sure millions of poverty-stricken families appreciate your sympathy.

Once upon a time, I was extremely poor. My wife and I relied on government aid to pay for the birth and health of our infant children. I'm grateful for that. I don't think it made my vote any less important than anyone elses.

Everyone should have a say. To say otherwise is the most unamerican thing I've ever heard.

On the way home last night I was listening to Michael Savage, for those of you who do not know who he is……he is a completely insane wacked out loony that has a huge ego. I agree with about 2% of what he talks about……I listen to him for entertainment while my other shows are on a commercial……..anyway……

He did make a very strong point about voting. He stated that if you are on government aid of any kind, you should note be allowed to vote. For example…..any government contracts for government business should not be allowed to vote. Only those who pay there own way should be allowed to vote. Otherwise you are just voting were the money comes from. This would also include elected officials.

I may not be able to repeat his point as well as he could……but you get the point. I totally agree with this.

I found this very interesting……

Then I turned the channel back to Randi Roads…….

Hell half the inner cities would have to stop voting, Dems would loose for sure. I like it.

good for you. I'm sure millions of poverty-stricken families appreciate your sympathy.

Once upon a time, I was extremely poor. My wife and I relied on government aid to pay for the birth and health of our infant children. I'm grateful for that. I don't think it made my vote any less important than anyone elses.

Everyone should have a say. To say otherwise is the most unamerican thing I've ever heard.

No body is saying the aid would stop.....just until you get on your feet.....you don’t get to vote.

I think the elected officials would be pissed the most.....I like the idea of senators and congressmen not being able to vote until they leave office.

No body is saying the aid would stop.....just until you get on your feet.....you dont get to vote.

No body is saying the aid would stop.....just until you get on your feet.....you don’t get to vote.

I think the elected officials would be pissed the most.....I like the idea of senators and congressmen not being able to vote until they leave office.

What about all of the government contracts and aid programs I mentioned? Farmers would never get to vote. Teachers; equally fucked.

Hell, I have a solid job and I've never been on any sort of government dole, not even a federally subsidized college loan. According to your first post, my vote would be removed because my company has federal contracts.

Wow, what a way to return to our roots.

As long as we are picking groups to be excluded (once again) from voting, then we should all agree that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Well, actually, they could vote--it just wouldn't count. That way, no one has to listen to the complaining.

Wow, what a way to return to our roots.

As long as we are picking groups to be excluded (once again) from voting, then we should all agree that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Well, actually, they could vote--it just wouldn't count. That way, no one has to listen to the complaining.

Better be careful K-fed will vote for that just to keep you from voting.

No body is saying the aid would stop.....just until you get on your feet.....you dont get to vote.

What about all of the government contracts and aid programs I mentioned? Farmers would never get to vote. Teachers; equally fucked.

Hell, I have a solid job and I've never been on any sort of government dole, not even a federally subsidized college loan. According to your first post, my vote would be removed because my company has federal contracts.

As soon as you buy a house, you shouldn't be able to say that you didn't get govt aid b/c the mortgage subsidy really counts as aid for the middle class.

Wouldn't it be cool to devise an economic system in which a certain percentage of the population would become hopelessly trapped in devastating poverty -- and then take away their right to effect change!

Yeah! You can do it!

Wouldn't it be cool to devise an economical system in which a certain percentage of the population would become hopelessly trapped in devestating poverty -- and then take away their right to effect change!

Yeah! You can do it!

okay 1, 2 ,3 "Its a dumb ass idea"

Wouldn't it be cool to devise an economic system in which a certain percentage of the population would become hopelessly trapped in devastating poverty -- and then take away their right to effect change!

Yeah! You can do it!

It is very convenient that so many of these people on aid are minorities or women with dependent children.

SOYLENT GREEN!!!

a certain percentage of the population would become hopelessly trapped in devastating poverty

yeah, they just get "trapped". all by accident, nothing they ever did (or continue to do). :rolleyes:

You're right -- every single person in the country can be rich -- all at the same time!

You believe in perpetual motion machines, too, don't you? Yay! Free Energy! :moondance: