Need video editing help

Alpinfox

I've shot a few videos with my Canon sd800 and would like to upload them to You Tube but they are too large. I need to shrink them down.

Anybody have any recommendations?

The current file I'm working on is .avi, 1min and 4sec, 640X480 pixels, 30fps, 101mb, and 1622kbps. I'm using Windows XP.

You Tube's max upload size is 100mb, recommended 320X240 pixels, MPEG4 format, 30fps.

Is there any decent freeware that will do what I want?

I tried "Squared 5" program that Olympia Climber recommended, but I got nowhere with it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a one-off edit that you're looking for you're probably better off just handing it over to someone with editing software installed on their PC and asking them to do it for you, borrowing their machine for a bit and doing the editing, etc.

WOOOHOOO!

I figured it out!

So I got Quicktime Pro and used the File>Export>Mpeg4 function to shrink it down. That worked OK, but I couldn't figure out how to add music, stills, text, etc, but I did figure out how to do that with Windows Movie Maker.Anyway, here is a video of a training flight I took with the Port Angeles USCG helo rescue team yesterday. These are the guys who rescued the climber with the broken leg off the summit of South Brother in the Olympics a few weeks back.

Made with Windows Movie Maker:

dyO1W74ySNs

edit:

Here are a couple videos of them rescuing folks off of the South Brother:

Sd3S9nsWsik

-agdGYP8c_o

Edited by Alpinfox