Poles

While I'm a firm believer in using poles these days, I find the prices a nuisance. To combat this retail bloodletting I've been using just the snow baskets attached to a nice, straight piece of Devil's Club. Not only is it inexpensive (read free) and strong, but it also gives me a nice, non-slip grip.

oplohorr.jpg

...one other note; there's a high concentration of alcohol in Devil's Club. If pressed, one may make an incision and party down.

[big Drink]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Oplopanax horridum gets a bad rap. Closely related to ginseng (which is in the panax genus), it was considered one of if not the most powerful healing herb by Northwest natives.

...quite true, weedwacker. The proper dosage for using Devil’s Club for ferrets is 5 drops, twice a day, 12 hours apart. Add it to a 50:50 mixture of A/D and water, slightly warmed. Most ferrets dive right in, and look for more. You hear that, Cpt.?? [Moon]

[big Drink]

[ 05-01-2002, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Son of Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Oplopanax horridum gets a bad rap. Closely related to ginseng (which is in the panax genus), it was considered one of if not the most powerful healing herb by Northwest natives.

It also has stimulant and nervous system sedative properties. It is said to improve concentration and endurance.

"Just put a pinch between the cheek and gum..."