Justice for da wimin

Fairweather

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those carrying out the verdict start throwing stones and rocks at the convict until he or she dies.

I'm guessing that capital punishment in this country would be subject to much more acute consideration, on both sides of the argument, if it were implemented in similarly "hands-on" fashion as in Iran. Instead of the sterile, invisible way it is currently handled.

Those carrying out the verdict start throwing stones and rocks at the convict until he or she dies.

I'm guessing that capital punishment in this country would be subject to much more acute consideration, on both sides of the argument, if it were implemented in similarly "hands-on" fashion as in Iran. Instead of the sterile, invisible way it is currently handled.

There's also the minor distinctions between the nature of the offense for which she was convicted and the acts which typically bring about the death penalty in this country, and the manner in which the conviction was rendered, that one might also include in the said reflections.

With regards to our own system, I can't support the death penalty in practice because it's too easy to convict the wrong man, and it's too expensive to carry out even in those cases in which there is no doubt whatsoever concerning the defendant's guilt. However, I have no problem with the death penalty in principal, or the notion that there are offenses for which the most just punishment is death, and would have no problem whatsoever yanking the lever, flipping the switch, or pulling the trigger in the case of someone like Timothy McVeigh.

My way of thinking is pretty much in line with Jay's.

There was a story in the paper today about the execution of China's chief drug watch dog for taking bribes to allow the approval of an antibiotic that killed 10 people. That sort of thing would never bring a death penalty in this country.

fuck the middle east...those fucking barbarians...

stuff like this makes me think we should get medieval on those fucking bastards and show them what really could happen if we "weren't so "civilized"...

Yeah we should teach them our civilized ways.

You realize that you are arguing that using means explicitly selected to be both horrifying and excruciatingly painful to execute a woman for having consensual sex with a man outside of marriage is morally equivalent to using methods that were developed to minimize pain and suffering to execute those convicted of committing violent and sadistic murders.

"5.March 13, 1985. Texas. Stephen Peter Morin. Lethal Injection. Because of Morin's history of drug abuse, the execution technicians were forced to probe both of Morin's arms and one of his legs with needles for nearly 45 minutes before they found a suitable vein."

This is not justice. And the title of the thread makes the assumption that women would feel like justice is served when a man is treated as horribly as a woman. That is simply wrong and unfair to charge women with. Oh sorry, I mean "wimin". I realize it is supposed to be edgy, but it really plays on those underlying beliefs; and that is what needs to be changed.

You realize that you are arguing that using means explicitly selected to be both horrifying and excruciatingly painful to execute a woman for having consensual sex with a man outside of marriage is morally equivalent to using methods...

Um, Jay, did you read the story? It was a man that was executed for adultery in this case. My tongue in cheek title notwithstanding, it's gotta be a horrible way to die. Hope she was worth it!

stuff like this makes me think we should get medieval on those fucking bastards and show them what really could happen if we weren't so "civilized"...

As in getting a blow torch and a par of pliers.

Not exactly.

Just saying people in glass houses ... you know the rest. I lack the necessary degrees to grapply with moral equivalency.

Believe it or not, Winter, one need not hold a degree from edu inc. to judge morality. Feel free to think for yourself from time to time.

My way of thinking is pretty much in line with Jay's.

There was a story in the paper today about the execution of China's chief drug watch dog for taking bribes to allow the approval of an antibiotic that killed 10 people. That sort of thing would never bring a death penalty in this country.

Oh don't be such a pessimist. We killed plenty of Chinese in this country for far less.

Not exactly.

Just saying people in glass houses ... you know the rest. I lack the necessary degrees to grapply with moral equivalency.

Believe it or not, Winter, one need not hold a degree from edu inc. to judge morality. Feel free to think for yourself from time to time.

:tup:

Not exactly.

:cry:

I think I'll take the high road and pass on the personal insults and pissing matches. Thanks though.

stuff like this makes me think we should get medieval on those fucking bastards and show them what really could happen if we weren't so "civilized"...

Yeah we should teach them our civilized ways.

what's your point??? your "examples" were murderers (i think they should be whacked as well, and not in a nice way)...not a couple of people fuckin' out of wedlock...hell, they threw them in jail for 11 FUCKING YEARS FIRST...

wanna try again???

Not exactly.

:cry:

I think I'll take the high road and pass on the personal insults and pissing matches. Thanks though.

The fact that your heart bleeds for the likes of John Wayne Gacy - child serial killer - is a personal insult. The fact that you post tripe and then plead the academic inability to judge morality is only a little less so. :ass: