When's the last time you wrecked on your bike?

SmallShoes

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadie in the rain and racing a deadline down the sidewalk east of the tracks between 4th Ave and the Seahawk's stadium: Where the first gravel parking adjoins at the bottom of the hill, my front wheel found the crack and stopped like a dart hitting the bullseye in an Irish pub. Despite my best post-flight efforts to pull myself together, the best I could do was walk my broken bones up the hill to Harborview. :blush:

'77. Was late at night, I was pretty stoned and thinking about a girlfriend to-be when the rear end of parked 1968 Shelby Ford Mustang GT500KR leapt out and ate me and my bike. I did a full summersault landing on the front windshield butt-first and went flying off the hood. I would have landed on my feet except I hadn't realized it had happened yet. Good thing it wasn't a van...

overview6_1968GT500_250.jpg

I did the same thing, a year later, into the back end of a full-size station wagon.

I was screamin' at night downhill on a street that teed into another. Sweeping wide right to keep maximum glide-speed through the oncoming left-hand turn, I made a quickcheck to the left for oncoming headlights, then, starting the left-turn, looked right to check for merging traffic. No cars to merge with so, I looked left as I finished the turn - just in time to launch.

I had to pull like a summumma-bitch on the front wheel in order to straighten the forks enough to ride home.