:pagetop::pagetop:

---( )--- ................ ---( )---.......................... ---( )---

...................... ---( )---......................... ---( )---

[praire dog town]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add Flagstaff, AZ to the list. I had a friend who moved there about 5 years ago, I thought he was crazy until I went to visit him. It has a lifetimes worth of mind blowing rock climbing less than and hour away in Sedona, easy access to the Grand Canyon, and good skiing up to 12,000ft on the San Francisco mountains. The one thing it is lacking is real mountains for alpine climbing, but it is a reasonable drive to colorado or the Sierras. Plus being a college town there is a lot going on in the community to keep you busy.

Ned head!!

I loved living there, it was my favorite place I have lived. Don't forget to visit Wondervu. If you you through there and down the road on the other side of the mountain you'll see an antique store on the left. Every Tues night a bunch of really old fossils get together and play folk music (banjos, mouth harps, washboards, the whole shabang!). They will let you come sit in the group and listen--they are amazing!

Funny you should mention Wondervu....we looked around this weekend and decided to get a place in Wondervu...here's me in the new backyard...

Wondervu_rock.jpg

I just drove back to Seattle from AZ, and the Redding area caught my eye. You've got Shasta and Castle Crags, the Sacramento River and Lake Shasta, and the sunny, dry highland forests that remind me of some parts of E. WA, closer to the crest.

Don't know much about the "cultcha" of the town, but it's got more amenities than Cle Elum.

Funny this thread came up now; I may have a chance to work remotely soon, and have been thinking about moving to my ideal town, and where that is.