wet scarpa invernos

AllenN

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of the problem is that the 'pleather' patch on the underside of the tongue gets cracks in it, so it's hard to seal it down. Try gooping a bunch of vaseline (or sunscreen/butter/whatever's handy) in there and then cinch the laces down tight. When my Scarpas were newer I once skied 5km across Garibaldi Lake under 6inches of water with dry feet before the tongues started leaking. But now they're a little worn and they get damp faster. Supergaiters work too, but they're a little sweaty for PNW type conditions.

Had this problem with some old Asolo rentals I bought for $35. I had some winshield sealer from a windshield shop. It looks like black licorice about 3/8" diameter. Put it between the tongue and the boot and seems to work well. I tried other weather-stripping materials but they always came off. BTW, just bought some Scarpa Alphas and looks like the tongue design isn't very good and may need to seal them up too.

-spacely