Eastern Washington Boldering

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny G. sent that prow in picture #9 (from the start of thread). That's a hard man who can send that thing. Ive sent the rest of them but that's a whole nuther topic for a whole nuther thread. Also, why do you post picctures of the best (potential) sport cliff in WA state you silly man?

Option A: he's just being a tease, reposting pics he's spread all over but doing it concisely, showing off his junk by implication but keeping that foil covered cucumber in his pants.

Option B: he's lonely and wants someone to come out and play in the back of beyond, and realizes that a modest bit of promotion will hardly spoil the stew.

Option C: he's just trolling you, Marty.

Johnny G. sent that prow in picture #9 (from the start of thread). That's a hard man who can send that thing.

Bastard stole my project. Not that I could link any two moves on it. I think he did it like 2nd or 3rd try too.

Also, why do you post picctures of the best (potential) sport cliff in WA state you silly man?

No fucking shit. Have you been down to the SE Buttress on that wall in the background? 300' of overhanging huecos.

Too bad bolts seem to fall out of that rock with a crowbar.

Option D: I'm going to go over to Dmitry's site and crosslink all his Banks Lakes/Long Lake bolder shots and this thread is going to be a repository of the radness of Ewash boldering.

Plus I'll scan more Manresa Grotto shots and Marty will kick down with some limestone boldering beta.

Option A: he's just being a tease, reposting pics he's spread all over but doing it concisely, showing off his junk by implication but keeping that foil covered cucumber in his pants.

I can't believe I missed this amazing Derrick Smalls reference.

Good on ya.

zero_friction_pic_3831.jpg

Nothing in a NE wind but totally blocked in the predominate SW/W winds.

Plus I live in Laclede now so wtf not kite out there.

The ferry landing launch sucks with those pylons, I almost landed in them once. I didn't find any good spots to launch by the park either, but who knows...

I'm gonna go hit up the guy at WestShore (far east end of the rock cuts east of laclede), he's an old windsurfer and showed interest in kiting. Plus he's got a big grassy field next to the river (just upriver from that little grass island with the bouy light on it).

Are you kiting or full time dadding? Death NEerly's right now, ranging from 10-40 and swirling.

I'm not out.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...blast from the past. Anyone know of any new bouldering spots at banks besides those pictured and the obvious areas. I have logged so many hours over the years and hiked so many miles out there looking for new stuff...never found a damn thing (that was really worth climbing). Oh well, I will continue the search as I've always had a good time there regardless.

Maybe by Clark Fork?

We both f'n wish!

Aus10.

I'm looking for this a few river valley's east...

I'm gonna go hike the creekbeds that feed the northern Pend Oreille, like the one that dumps over Z Canyon Falls. That hit may be too hard to tufa out but the inside corners of creeks and drainages in karst formations are usually da bomb.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Think Ive been to that cliff in aus10 (didnt climb on it but did climb on the one down t he river). Already hiked the Pee wee falls drainage from the road down. No limestone overhangs, sorry. C-fork might have some cliffs.

Any of those other drainages up there hold any promise?

I've scoped teh rock in C-Fork from the river, it just might be good. And it just might be the suxxor. It does not, definately, have any tufa's. There are, definately, a couple of cool looking limestone towers. Think monkey face, only not udder choss.