Sleep in the car at Timberline?

undermind

Silly question for you Hood veterans, but I've never been up to Hood before. Northern Cascade climber myself.

I remember reading here that people usually sleep in the car at the Timberline Lodge parking lot before summiting.. Did a search here and couldn't find anything. Still the case?

Thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One time we slept in the lot prior to a winter ascent of hood. The parking lot had patches of snow on it here and there up to an inch deep.

The bastard running the snow plow decided that it was critically important to clear the area in the immediate vicinity of our truck at 2 AM. He spent about an hour blowing snow within 20 ft of us. The spin drift wafted over the truck.

My friend jgowans slept through the whole thing, but I didn't. If I'd had a shot gun I would have let that fellow have it with both barrels.

One time we slept in the lot prior to a winter ascent of hood. The parking lot had patches of snow on it here and there up to an inch deep.

The bastard running the snow plow decided that it was critically important to clear the area in the immediate vicinity of our truck at 2 AM. He spent about an hour blowing snow within 20 ft of us. The spin drift wafted over the truck.

My friend jgowans slept through the whole thing, but I didn't. If I'd had a shot gun I would have let that fellow have it with both barrels.

I never sleep well when I know I'm climbing in a few hours. A snow plow a few feet from the car doesn't help.

Thanks guys for the info!

Couple weeks ago the bathroom by the climber's register was open. Maybe they learned.

The main parking lot is well lit and has marked areas for overnight parking, suggest using far left side. Don't park by the Lodge. Bring lots of beer and leave a six-pack under rear bumper, it's said to bring good luck on your climb...

One time, we actually caught a few zzz's in the ticket area by the climber's register. We were in there cooking up some grub (precip outside) and noticed that the floor is heated. Never been so comfortable on a cement slab...