Climbing related spray...

i_like_sun

Thanks! Any insights to this sickness are helpful. I think my problem is simply that I LIKE TO SUFFER...

Meaning, "um, lets see how rediculous we can be this weekend with a ziplock of cereal and a can of tuna"....

The reason I like to suffer is so that I can fully appreciate the other end of the spectrum. Without suffering, I think there is a tendency to forget how good a morning cup of coffee tastes, how comfortable a bed is, how nice it is to have dry clothes on, how relaxing it is to just sit, etc. I know that is why I like suffering.

My addiction to the mountains though is not all about suffering, days when I am in the mountains on a clear warm day, laying on rock, thinking about nothing, not hear daily buzz of people talking, cars driving by, the beeping of the lab equipment, etc. and breathing in air that is unpoluted, is just extacsy.

I guess going into the mountains offer both suffering which makes me appreciate life more and simplicity.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said ken4ord.

Yes, life is so much sweeter after coming off a mountain.... the smell of scambled eggs and coffee, and OH, the feeling of COTTON CLOTHES...... jesus that can be pure sweet bliss!

Its been helpful to think of mountaineering as a type of "extreme endurance sport", because they certainly sheds light on the addictive qualities I discussed.

And as for the 'fantastic-ness' or loligaging....... man, I can do that with tremendous style! Just give me a deserted high alpine lake in the middle of August....and I can lay around naked all day long! Just smelling flowers, napping, getting tan, becoming more of a hippie at every passing moment!

I'm sure glad that mountain-folk still make up a small percentage of the population... because that would just ruin the whole "laying around naked" part...

So, basically I've confirmed my addictive personality theory once again:

Just look at all you people (myself included), YOU ARE ALL ADDICTED TO SPRAY!

Mountain climbers simply can't help it..... its like "oh, thats pretty neat....LETS DO MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE!!!"

We are all just a bunch of wanking users! :toad: