Nemo Tents

Kraken

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting. I'd love to see one, thanks for the link

I'm not sure I like the idea of an infalted system. What happens when the pump craps out on me in the winter? And how easy is it (really) to repair holes in the field, in the cold, in a blizzard....

We've been using them as a demo product for the last year or so. The bladder system is actually pretty good. They are relatively easy to field replace and have a blow off valve if the pressure gets too high (from the sun or pumping it up too much). They don't stand up to the wind at all, however. They can also be blown up the old fashioned way, but I haven't tried that.

I think their best product is the Tenshi, but I don't know if they're still making it out of eVent.

I consider it a preferable alternative to XCR for garments, but not in the class of eVent. Just a guess on my part, but I think most single-walls that speak of using a "proprietary" fabric are in fact using Dermizax.

There are a couple of other options, but I'm inclined to agree with this. I think that people without a lot of money aren't using Dermizax, just because of the minimums, but when I look through the Toray header cards, well, yeah.

There are some new PFTE type membranes coming out that beat eVent in terms of breathability, but they're expensive.