We'll Walk In Line, We'll Walk In Line, We'll.....

Peter_Puget

Now Jim are my panties really in a bunch? I didn't even comment other than the topic title. The thrid liberal guy and yet another personal attack ....a pattern is forming.

By the way still waiting for your reply regarding the page three article in the Seattle Times.

Sure buddy - here you go. I thought you lost interest.

"Over the past two decades, America has had the highest or near-highest poverty rates for children, individual adults, and families among 31 developing countries, according to the Luxembourg Income Study, a 23-year project that compares poverty and income data from 31 industrial nations.

"With the exception of Mexico and Russia, the U.S. devotes the smallest portion of its gross domestic product to federal anti-poverty programs, and those programs are among the least effective at reducing poverty, the study found. Again, only Russia and Mexico do worse jobs."

Sorry for the thread drift, now back to the weighty subject of Legos. :lmao:

Edited by Jim

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am offended! i am a liberal sprayer and i didn't attack you. dammit. i need to step up my game. geez peter what kind of home wrecker are you? don't you want the kids all to have the same thing. you probably don't share do you? you're just a greedy bloodsucker!

Now Jim are my panties really in a bunch? I didn't even comment other than the topic title. The thrid liberal guy and yet another personal attack ....a pattern is forming.

By the way still waiting for your reply regarding the page three article in the Seattle Times.

Sure buddy - here you go. I thought you lost interest.

"Over the past two decades, America has had the highest or near-highest poverty rates for children, individual adults, and families among 31 developing countries, according to the Luxembourg Income Study, a 23-year project that compares poverty and income data from 31 industrial nations. No mention of Russia or Mexico or top three

"With the exception of Mexico and Russia, the U.S. devotes the smallest portion of its gross domestic product to federal anti-poverty programs, and those programs are among the least effective at reducing poverty, the study found. Again, only Russia and Mexico do worse jobs." The confusing part!

Sorry for the thread drift, now back to the weighty subject of Legos. :lmao:

Jim -

Here is what I was questioning:

One of the more striking items in this article is that the U.S. is the 3rd worst, ahead of only Mexico and Russia, in poverty rates among developed countries.

Link to your original post

Link to me questioning you

I was wondering if you realized that the portion of a given country's gross domestic product devoted to anti-poverty programs, and the efficacy of those programs is not the same as a country's poverty rate. I guess I just found out. :(

Jesus PP you probably can't concentrate with that panty thing going on. What can't you read: Over the past two decades, America has had the highest or near-highest poverty rates for children, individual adults, and families among 31 developing countries, according to the Luxembourg Income Study, a 23-year project that compares poverty and income data from 31 industrial nations. Ok, actually the US comes in dead last.

http://www.unicef.org/pon96/indust4.htm

Comparative cross-national poverty rankings suggest that United States poverty rates are at or near the top of the range when compared with poverty rates in other countries. The

United States child and elderly poverty rates seem particularly troublesome. America’s elders also have poverty rates that are high, particularly on relative grounds. In most developed countries, the relative child poverty rate is 10 percent or less; in the United States, it is 21.9 percent. What

seems most distinctive about the American poor, especially poor American single parents, is that they work more hours than do the resident parents of other nations while also receiving less in transfer benefits than in other countries.

Aw. I take it all back. The facts are wrong. We're doing great!! Rah-Rah. I think I heard about a school that was eliminating competive dominos during recess. Ya better get on that one.

Edited by Jim

Jesus PP you probably can't concentrate with that panty thing going on. What can't you read: Over the past two decades, America has had the highest or near-highest poverty rates for children, individual adults, and families among 31 developing countries, according to the Luxembourg Income Study, a 23-year project that compares poverty and income data from 31 industrial nations. Ok, actually the US comes in dead last.

http://www.unicef.org/pon96/indust4.htm

Comparative cross-national poverty rankings suggest that United States poverty rates are at or near the top of the range when compared with poverty rates in other countries. The

United States child and elderly poverty rates seem particularly troublesome. America’s elders also have poverty rates that are high, particularly on relative grounds. In most developed countries, the relative child poverty rate is 10 percent or less; in the United States, it is 21.9 percent. What

seems most distinctive about the American poor, especially poor American single parents, is that they work more hours than do the resident parents of other nations while also receiving less in transfer benefits than in other countries.

Aw. I take it all back. The facts are wrong. We're doing great!! Rah-Rah. I think I heard about a school that was eliminating competive dominos during recess. Ya better get on that one.

HUH?!?!?!

Jim you read an article you found interesting and posted the following:

One of the more striking items in this article is that the U.S. is the 3rd worst, ahead of only Mexico and Russia, in poverty rates among developed countries.

On your recomendation I read the article and find that one of the facts you found "striking" does not actually appear in the article. Now you question my reading comprehension? Truly amazing. Maybe if you raise the level of insult and vitriol just a bit more you might convince me 2+2=5.

Oh Damn there is that attribution problem again....

:brew:

1) Ok, let’s see. I provided this quote from the article:

Comparative cross-national poverty rankings suggest that United States poverty rates are at or near the top of the range when compared with poverty rates in other countries. ----with the related data to back it up.

2) http://www.unicef.org/pon96/indust4.htm a link to a source that summarizes the child poverty data and the US in last place.

3) the citation of the original data source: ……….according to the Luxembourg Income Study, a 23-year project that compares poverty and income data from 31 industrial nations.

Time to webcrawl the right-winged blogs for another important social commentary comparable to what started this thread. No more :snugtop: