[TR] N Idaho - Copper Falls 1/28/2007

Skatan

Trip: N Idaho - Copper Falls

Date: 1/28/2007

Trip Report:

Climbed Copper Falls 1-28-07. Usual conditions wet on the left ice, onion skin and a little snow on the right. But it sure beats work should hold out for some time. Ice climbing in Da Ho.

112_1267.JPG

Gear Notes:

Usual suspects

Approach Notes:

95 N turn at sign right before oh Canada (east port crossing), go up to outhouse and follow creek up to falls short walk.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a fun route and is fairly regular, I get up there once every season. It is high volume so the conditions vary, we opted out on the top pitch for that day. It was really quite brittle and really thin. There are bolts in the alcove on the right about 3/4 way up. Warm temps are predicted for the next week unfortunately.

There is a hidden mystery waterfall about 5 miles from there for the adventurous. About the same size as Copper Falls, but with a steep approach. Also about a mile from my family's cabin. PM for details. Someone local ought to have climbed it by now, but I haven't been up there for a few years so I don't know for sure.