Anderson Range Access?

layton

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are probably thinking of Anderson RANCH, ya that's right, it's just flatlands around there, rolling pastures, nothing to see there

Things change so much up there with the logging activity from season to season. Perhaps find out what company is doing the hacking and call them for updated maps, roads, and info. I have called Cattermole timber before and they have been very helpful, even faxing me a current layout. So, like I said, not sure who is doing the work up there, but if someone knows, we may just have to get in touch with them, save you a re-con up there in the maze.

• 1 month later...

I went up the back side of Stienbok ( in the Anderson Range) this Summer. The camp is still there. The owner is just sitt'in it out till he runs out of money and has to lay everyone off. If he's not there, I think access is required anyways. Just pull up to the gate and honk. You may have to wait a few minutes. Then you just bs a bit and he takes your plate number. I think he's broke and always low on ciggerettes, so he may be stoked if you bring him a pack.

Steinbok and the surrounding peaks are AMAZING. That valley is one of the hidden jewels of the cascades. If you want any beta on the approach or descent just PM me.

Thanks for the info! However this info is already known and outdated since there are rumours that the camps and/or the bridge has been pulled since this summer (I was there at the last week of september attemping springbok).

Still no word if the camp is there or not, I bet if one of us called we'd find out...but thats a while from now anyways so I guess it's not too pressing.