Alpiners Anonymous: More PDX Dry Tool

syklone

My name is Troy, and I have a problem. I have more ice tools than arms, and none of them have touched ice. I've kicked more gravel on belayers than ice. My crampons have balled up with mud and condoms, but never snow. The screech of crampons on rock is like a beautiful symphony to me.

So with that said, I know that there are more of you like me out there. Why people have suddenly abandoned the DT night thing escapes me. Just because John doesn't want to be the ringleader, doesn't mean that people can't get together for a little DT action now and then here in Portland. So this is my feable attempt at restarting things a bit.

I'll be out on Thursday afternoon, rain or shine, around 2ish, and can stay until 5:30 or so. I have a beater rope, tools and 'pons you can borrow, and know where the routes are. Anyone who can belay is welcome.

Any takers?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be out around 2. Black Audi A4. If you don't know where the routes at Rocky are, consult the previous PDX dry tool thread, John explains it much better than I do.

If no one shows, I'll just TR solo for a few hours.

Troy

503-679-9842

• 2 weeks later...