Should you meet .....online singles in person

cindy66

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cindergirl,

you should have your friends here at cc.com watching out for you. before you meet him have him show up at a pub club so your net friends here can check him out first.

:tup:

4342SausageFest06_027.jpg

\

Now that is a scary thought., ...........Opinions are like a** holes , every one has them....but was hoping someone had dabbled in online singles thing....

....the single life is a scary place to be.,does it get worse?

you could find out the guy's actually married and has been using the widower story to further the emotional connection with you. And beyond that, there are plenty of "worse" scenarios.

I would not sleep at night knowing I had been with a married man.Im not about that.,....but I am very curious about him. I have been the one asking all the questions and we do have some things in common, and is not a bad looking fellar either.

People can be dishonest on- or off-line, at some point you have to decide whether you think you can trust 'em, and then take the chance. I say go for it if you have a good feeling about him. I've met cool people online, both romantically and non-romantically.

And of course he's hoping to get laid, that is normal. If he's not a jackass he also realizes that it's never a sure thing. And if you've been flirting with him for six months you must be open to the idea. So there you go- it's a first date.

Yeah, all the above cautionary statements should be seriously considered. That said, I do know several couples who have happily met through online means, and I believe CC.com has at least one happy marriage and several relationships of unknown quality/duration to it's matchmaking credit.

Six months worth of online courting, including frequent 5-6 hour chat sessions of various temperatures, sounds like a lot of work for a cheating husband or a psycho killer, I'm sure there are easier ways to do that sort of thing.

Most folks here would agree that there's nothing wrong with a little consensual recreational sex. If you've been doing the online version of that with this person, then you should feel fine being blunt about your concerns. Go ahead and lay out how you want this meeting to unfold, and be upfront about your desire for safeguards. Being honest and open is a great first step to a relationship, and it sounds like you've spent enough time talking for that to be expected.

As has been mentioned, above all, pay attention to your instincts. Love is a great thing, and it's worth at least as much risk as your average desperate alpine first ascent.

People can be dishonest on- or off-line, at some point you have to decide whether you think you can trust 'em, and then take the chance. I say go for it if you have a good feeling about him. I've met cool people online, both romantically and non-romantically.

And of course he's hoping to get laid, that is normal. If he's not a jackass he also realizes that it's never a sure thing. And if you've been flirting with him for six months you must be open to the idea. So there you go- it's a first date. [/quo

I like this opinion!

Yeah, all the above cautionary statements should be seriously considered. That said, I do know several couples who have happily met through online means, and I believe CC.com has at least one happy marriage and several relationships of unknown quality/duration to it's matchmaking credit.

Six months worth of online courting, including frequent 5-6 hour chat sessions of various temperatures, sounds like a lot of work for a cheating husband or a psycho killer, I'm sure there are easier ways to do that sort of thing.

Most folks here would agree that there's nothing wrong with a little consensual recreational sex. If you've been doing the online version of that with this person, then you should feel fine being blunt about your concerns. Go ahead and lay out how you want this meeting to unfold, and be upfront about your desire for safeguards. Being honest and open is a great first step to a relationship, and it sounds like you've spent enough time talking for that to be expected.

As has been mentioned, above all, pay attention to your instincts. Love is a great thing, and it's worth at least as much risk as your average desperate alpine first ascent.

Now this is well put...I like this answer as well,and gives a differnt aspect to look at the situation....job well done there.