Relocating

ZimZam

I'm planning on relocating to WA fr this toxic waste state. What are the advantages of living west of Cascades vs. east? Real estate in/around Seattle is out of my league. My uncle showed me a 750 sq.ft. home in White Center (rat city?)that went for 450K!

I was thinking about western Okanogan county. Omak or vicinity. Pros/Cons. Thanks. :wave:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The advantage to living west of the mtns is more culture and a milder climate (but more rain too). East of the cascades, it is hard to find a very cool city. There are some nice small towns, though and cost of living is much lower. I would highly recommend Twisp, real vibrant local community w/ artists and a good brew pub too. Close to lots of x-c skiing or backcountry, not too far from a small lift served ski area. Some local rock and ice climbing and of course the north cascades mtns. Downside is its pretty remote, especially in winter when the north cascades highway (20) is closed. Also be prepared for LOTS OF SNOW. For a more centrally located east of mtns town, try Ellensburg. Home to Central Wash U., smallish kind of nice town. Not too far from Yakima for bigger town needs and only 1.5 hrs to Seattle. 1/2 hr. from Blewett pass or snoqualmie pass, near vantage/columbia basin and not too far from leavenworth/icicle canyon/stuart range. but there are COWS.

I'd try:

West of the cascades: Anything from Seattle to the Canadian Border near or east of I-5.

East of the cascades: Leavenworth, or Twisp. If you've got a drill, their is a lifetime of new virgin lines to be had in the greater Twisp, Winthrop, Mazama area.

Shoot us a pm when you arrive if you want to sample some climbing.

If you've got a drill, their is a lifetime of new virgin lines to be had in the greater Twisp, Winthrop, Mazama area.

Damn, why don't you just tell the guy there's climbing on some kind of volcanic plug on the Washington side of the Columbia sort of near Portland.

I bet Blowboarder has a noogie for you. :laf: