Strobach 12/3/06 update

AlpineMonkey

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We walked the entire road because of our car, but you can drive all the way up there right now with a 4x4. We spent 4 hours getting there and busted in a beautiful trail with snowshoes so it would be much quicker now. If you were not comfortable with that little flow in quincy though, I wouldn't advise going up there for this one. It was the only climb in and it was scarry plus hard. (Though I can't say I have ever done an ice route that I wasen't scared on.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After trying an unclimbed line and almost having a few tons of ice come falling down ontop of me and my belayer, when the entire pillar fractured, we had a sudden change of plans and went and climbed the route (Sudden Change of Plans). I'm not going to post pictures, but everthing is in now and supper fat. All the ice seems thincker then the pictures in the book. Dropline can be climbed if your a hard ass, as well as many of the other unclimbed lines.

Edited by AlpineMonkey