Paramount Pictures Logo?

Yossarian

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks exactly like Artisonraju from the NE, a peak in the Cordillera Blanca of Peru. The south side (left skyline on screen) is a popular snow and ice climb thats been skied by Patrick Vallecant(sp?) and more recently by a north face sponsored team. I haven't been in the valley to the north, from which you'd get the Paramount look, but there was a photo of it some years back in Climbing.

I recently read somewhere that DBerdinkas explanation of the origin of the Paramount peak is indeed correct.

Mike

------------------

|[][][] []\__

|Shortbus |

|_/-\_____/-\_/

0 0

No Longer Be Ashamed to Say

Yeah I ride the shortbus!

www.shortbus.net

yep, it's an artists rendition of artesonraju in south america. i've heard that a number of times as well. here's a little photographic evidence.

http://www.peakware.com/encyclopedia/peaks/photos/artesonraju1.htm http://www.cosleyhouston.com/photo_info/info_artesonraju.htm http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/bollinge/perou2.html

and that thing is definately NOT in utah...

guys you are so wrong. as the the history laid out on one of the links above. it states the historical referance of the mountain and utah. there are many many many mountains that have the pyrmidial shape. we could say that it is the eiger as well.

it is ben logan/lomand mtn. how would turbo in the early 1900's know what a remote andean peak look like, espeically since homeboy lived in ogden, ut. hmmmmm....i can taste the beer.

i will take case of obsidian stout or a new #5 camalot.

I have been to the area around Artisonraju from the NE, in the Cordillera Blanca of Peru and although there are some similarities, I do not think it is that much of a resemblance.

I have taken some photos, looking at one now, from the summit of Pisco and I see the basic lines, but no real shelf or even that close comparision.

There are hundreds of mountains that could have provided the inspiration.

It fucking hollywood anyway...

That picture of Ben Lomond looks like Sloan Peak to me. Maybe it's Sloan Peak on the Paramount Logo!

Actually, it looks a lot like the south face of Mt. Pugh:

pughsouth.jpg"

[This message has been edited by Alpine Tom (edited 06-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Alpine Tom (edited 06-08-2001).]