Red Rocks partner week of 11/12

skyclimb

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Looking for a partner to do some fun stuff at red rocks...epinephrine...dream of wild turkeys....stuff in the loop....My schedule is flexible, just let me know wave.gif

wave.gif

Nick, you missed it: some of the climbing was pretty good.

No stuck ropes or issues on either Epi or Frogland. OK, I made a couple of old guy dude stupid mistakes.

Like: 1) I wrongly assumed that the 2 young stud muffin lookin/AMGA guides that followed close behind us on the road into Epi would be flying up so fast we wouldn't see them again (I didn't want to slow them down) so I told them to go in front of us at the 1st pitch belay after we all basically free soloed the 5.5 pitch. Then we had to wait on them and crowd their belay every pitch which must have cost us 5-20 min each of the 15-17 or whatever the hell how many pitchs that is. BUT, they were great guys and good company, and once I realized Ujohn wasn't concerned cause we were clearly going to get back to the car with plenty of daylight: I was fine with it. (We passed them on the descent), and at the car, when they came in one of them was counting min and said "Under 10 and a half hours".

On Frogland, we were first there, but I forgot the 9 skinny slings we had stacked to take in the hotel room (DOHHHH- major Homer Simpson moment). I led P1, and a couple came up and while waiting, must have commented on the bolt I'd clipped with a single biner @30 feet up to Ujahn, cause they loaned him like 3 or 4 slings. I figured that we could use just the cams as they all had slings. 2-1/2 hours on route for that one, but we ran some of the 8 pitches somewhat together, and Ujahn only got F*ed up and off route once:-).

Edited by billcoe