Reichert = tattletale weasel

chucK

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The supreme court recognizes employers right to limit free expression on the job. You can fire a telemarketer for telling customers to fuck off. You can fire a nurse for telling patients to fuck off. You can also fire a bus driver for telling other drivers, president or not, to fuck off. Personally, I think firing is be too draconian for a first time offense like this, but...

...if her employers took repeated steps to get her to stop her unacceptable behavior and she didn't, then firing is the only option left.

how is that interesting? ealier the complaint was that she shouldn't have been fired, instead warned. now that we agree she had been previously warned - it's 'interesting' that she is just now being fired. pick a side. whether it was the president or not, she behaved in a manner that her employer disallowed. she was warned, she continued to do it. boo hoo all you want - but that's life. the employer pays an employee to do what their job. not do whatever the hell they want. ...like spraying...

how is that interesting? ealier the complaint was that she shouldn't have been fired, instead warned. now that we agree she had been previously warned - it's 'interesting' that she is just now being fired. pick a side. whether it was the president or not, she behaved in a manner that her employer disallowed. she was warned, she continued to do it. boo hoo all you want - but that's life. the employer pays an employee to do what their job. not do whatever the hell they want. ...like spraying...

Wow, thanks for the life lesson.

And thank goodness I am not at work right now, I'd sure feel mighty guilty after that tongue lashing. cry.gif

how is that interesting? ealier the complaint was that she shouldn't have been fired, instead warned. now that we agree she had been previously warned - it's 'interesting' that she is just now being fired. pick a side.

Recognizing that someone can appropriately be fired after repeated warnings doesn't require picking a side in this individual case; it does not require deciding, as ninth party observers, whether this particulary bus driver should have been fired for this particular flipped bird. I wouldn't know whether she should or should not have been fired...I'm not her boss, and I wasn't there.