you`ve got nothing to fear...

chucK

...so long as you`re not a terrorist

Well, and if you aren`t muslim...

"Arar, now 36, was detained by U.S. authorities as he changed planes in New York on Sept. 26, 2002. He was held for questioning for 12 days, then flown by jet to Jordan and driven to Syria. He was beaten, forced to confess to having trained in Afghanistan -- where he never has been -- and then kept in a coffin-size dungeon for 10 months before he was released, the Canadian inquiry commission found.

O'Connor concluded that "categorically there is no evidence" that Arar did anything wrong or was a security threat.""

full story here (Washington Post)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned to hate [muslims]

All through my whole life

If another war starts

It's them we must fight

To hate them and fear them

To run and to hide

And accept it all bravely

With God on my side.

But now we got weapons

Of the chemical dust

If fire them we're forced to

Then fire them we must

One push of the button

And a shot the world wide

And you never ask questions

When God's on your side.

Not as ridiculous as the Pope apologizing for his comments on Islam.

What a frightened little suck-up pussy.

The response from the more vocal and demonstrative adherents of that religion have certainly shown how far off the mark such commentary was.

Maybe - more than anything else - they just love irony.

I'm just waiting for the day when there's a group of guys massed in the street, all set to chant and burn effigies, when all of a sudden the organizer says "Hey - uh - sorry to dissapoint everyone, but we've consulted the almighty himself and he informed us that actually, unlike the cartoon episode, which seriously pissed him off - this one is just way to trivial to get upset about. He said he'd get back to us if anything came up though, so keep the effigies handy and don't forget those slogans."

Not as ridiculous as the Pope apologizing for his comments on Islam.

What a frightened little suck-up pussy.

The response from the more vocal and demonstrative adherents of that religion have certainly shown how far off the mark such commentary was.

Maybe - more than anything else - they just love irony.

I'm just waiting for the day when there's a group of guys massed in the street, all set to chant and burn effigies, when all of a sudden the organizer says "Hey - uh - sorry to dissapoint everyone, but we've consulted the almighty himself and he informed us that actually, unlike the cartoon episode, which seriously pissed him off - this one is just way to trivial to get upset about. He said he'd get back to us if anything came up though, so keep the effigies handy and don't forget those slogans."

God is way more efficient. He would just smite them all with a thunder bolt.

"Yeah, and I'd like to hear the Pope say, "Gee, sorry to the millions of women* burned at the stake, treated like second class citizens, and blamed for the fall of man. We didn't really mean any harm..."

If you want to go back to the pre-reformation days when assesing the moral standing of various actors in the present, you should also ask the citizens of Greater Scandanavia to collectively apologize for the marauding, raping, and pillaging that they visited on coastal Europe. Sure they'll say they've changed, that was hundreds of years ago, and there's little to nothing left of those tendencies evident in their societies anymore, but I hope you won't let them off the hook with that kind-of half-assed excusemongering.

*Where'd you get this number. It's not that I don't think that the Catholic Church has anything to answer for, but this seems just a touch high.

Lots of people have spent lots of time killing lots of other people. It's not very productive to finger-point at past hipocrisy.

But how else to we get brownie points other than slaying combatants in internet typing duels? Far better for society to award honours on the virtual battlefield than physical.

Right.

Let's get back to pointing fingers at our government that tortured an innocent Canadian citizen.

I think that this is the same guy. Someone que theme from "South Park - Bigger, Longer, & Uncut"

Canadians Fault U.S. for Its Role in Torture Case

Sign In to E-Mail This Print Reprints Save

By IAN AUSTEN

Published: September 19, 2006

OTTAWA, Sept. 18 — A government commission on Monday exonerated a Canadian computer engineer of any ties to terrorism and issued a scathing report that faulted Canada and the United States for his deportation four years ago to Syria, where he was imprisoned and tortured.

The report on the engineer, Maher Arar, said American officials had apparently acted on inaccurate information from Canadian investigators and then misled Canadian authorities about their plans for Mr. Arar before transporting him to Syria.

“I am able to say categorically that there is no evidence to indicate that Mr. Arar has committed any offense or that his activities constituted a threat to the security of Canada,” Justice Dennis R. O’Connor, head of the commission, said at a news conference.

The report’s findings could reverberate heavily through the leadership of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, which handled the initial intelligence on Mr. Arar that led security officials in both Canada and the United States to assume he was a suspected Al Qaeda terrorist. "

elsewhere in the news - mr. penis pump got off [heh]

(UPI) -- A felony charge against an Iraqi man who told security screeners at Chicago`s O`Hare Airport his penis pump was a bomb have been dropped.

Mardin Amin, 29, was arrested Aug. 29 after screeners said when asked what an unusual object was in his hand luggage, he twice whispered 'bomb.'

Amin tried to explain he was saying 'pump,' as in one for soccer balls, as he was too embarrassed to state its real purpose because his mother was standing nearby.

Wednesday, Cook County prosecutors agreed to drop the charge against Amin, who faced up to three years in prison if convicted.

Amin`s lawyer, Eileen O`Neill, told the Chicago Sun-Times there was compelling reason to drop the charge.

'Right from the get-go, it made no sense that a guy who has worked as a translator for (the U.S.) Army in Iraq wouldn`t know the consequences of saying, `I have a bomb,`' she said.

"Yeah, and I'd like to hear the Pope say, "Gee, sorry to the millions of women burned at the stake, treated like second class citizens, and blamed for the fall of man*. We didn't really mean any harm..."

*Where'd you get this number. It's not that I don't think that the Catholic Church has anything to answer for, but this seems just a touch high.

en totale