miller

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To try to answer some questions:

Yeah, they cover black Aliens through yellow Aliens. I really wish BD would make one that covers red Aliens too - they stopped one size too small.

What do I like about them? They're bomber - and they fit in places even Aliens won't fit, and fit well. I'm still getting used to reaching for them - but more than once already I've had a yellow Alien in pretty shallow (2 or 2.5 lobes) and then remembered my yellow C3, put it in the same spot, and it was completely bomber.

One thing I was initially concerned about was the stiffness of the stem. But that hasn't really been an issue. In shops, I was grabbing them in the middle of the stem (as if the cam had been placed vertically) and saying "whoa, these things are as stiff as Metolius cams". But they're not. When the head is actually loaded, that funky-shaped stem kinda twists down and they're actually pretty flexible.

The triggers are stiff, and they haven't let up. But I think that tension could be what helps them to stay put. I guess it could be an issue in rare cases, but for me, I haven't even noticed it yet when actually placing them on a pitch. Having said that, I don't lead 5.12 and up cracks either - in my 5.11-and-under world, I haven't been at the point where I've been so pumped/insecure that I thought the stiff trigger would be a show stopper for me.