WTB: Grivel Third Tool

swaterfall

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found mine for free lying on the ground after getting lost trying to find the top of the sherpa glacier on mt stuart last spring - figured at the time whoever was carrying musta died nearby - maybe he had a partner?

As embarassing as this is, I have to admit that I'm the one who lost that tool on Stuart, on the way to the North Ridge. It was a truly unpleasant surprise to discover the axe was no longer attached to my pack when we got to the glacier's edge. Wound up going with the "sharp rock option". Not trying to get it back. Just relaying yet another example of the axiom that you can't be stupid for free. Enjoy the bootie.

found mine for free lying on the ground after getting lost trying to find the top of the sherpa glacier on mt stuart last spring - figured at the time whoever was carrying musta died nearby - maybe he had a partner?

Interestingly, I bootied mine as well. Found near the top of Ptarmigan ridge a few years ago.