• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
glacier

fastest route to Skaha?

What's the fastest route to the BC desert from Seattle? I've always gone 2 to 97 north, but I remember someone offering up an alternate route that shaved time off. Couldn't find it with my lame search skills.

Thanks.

Now that WA Pass is open, another alternative would be to go that way via Arlington-Darrington-Marblemount then stay on 20 over Loup Loup Pass into Okanogan, then north on 97 to Penticton.

I'm not sure if that would be faster, but really the only viable alternative route, as going north to Vancouver and over would definitly not be faster.

I90 is much faster than hwy2 depending on departure time.

Now you're talking fastest way to 11worth. That's a whole other question. Which, you're right, depends on departure time and departure place. From the east side its probably definitly faster.

What's the fastest route to the BC desert from Seattle? I've always gone 2 to 97 north, but I remember someone offering up an alternate route that shaved time off. Couldn't find it with my lame search skills.

Thanks.

Actually, now that I think about it, YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE. hahaha.gif

I90 over to Blewett and north from Wenatchee is a bit over 5 hours.

There's some method that utilizes a courtship with Camas I believe at the us/canada border, then towards Hope bc, and then 3 to 3a. You don't go to vancouver at all, but bust northeast around bellingham. I think it might be a bit faster.

Just make sure you climb Not Fade Away at the Wave, Motel of Lost Companions at Great White, and Salvation at the Doctor's Wall.

It's 3.5 hours from Chilliwack to Skaha and 1 hour from bellingham to Chilliwack. You mean Sumas not Camas. and the fastest route to Skaha is the one having the most fun.