Baker-Northridge beta anyone?

esugi

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more than enough ice on the ice cliff. I'd recommend taking four to six screws at the very least, having had an interesting experience climbing it with two screws last Thursday. Have fun and hit it before the snow slopes get too sloppy.

I thought most people wait until there is actually ice on the route. This time of year it will be a simple snow slog.

Every report I've heard recently seems to suggest that the easy ice ramp is no longer there. That was my experience there two years ago. I'd be interested to see what it's like now.

2722NorthRidgeMarks.jpg

We went to the base of the arrow on the horizon. I don't think the climbing would have ever been much past 60 degrees there, but it might have required more than a 30m rope of distance on the ice.

We climbed between the two red dots, which included a couple 75 degree-ish steps.

That's just way too much beta. Hopefully esugi's already gone. yellaf.gifsnugtop.gif