HU

kix

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

China needs the “right tax system [and] the right investment, including infrastructure. . . . decisions and policies that only all of us acting together through our government can make to set the stage for future prosperity.”

What do you make of this quote? Sounds like he still wants a government controled economy.

China needs the “right tax system [and] the right investment, including infrastructure. . . . decisions and policies that only all of us acting together through our government can make to set the stage for future prosperity.”

What do you make of this quote? Sounds like he still wants a government controled economy.

sounds like a mixed economy like ours.

How mixed does :"decisions and policies that only all of us acting together through our government" sound?

How mixed does :"decisions and policies that only all of us acting together through our government" sound?

sounds like a mix of "all of us" and "our government". Hey, I am not defending China--I think their policies, human rights issues, tariffs, etc suck. But a mixed economy takes a while to find its balance.

Sounds like we all want to hug Boeing!

While they shovel their technology and capabilities to our longterm strategic enemies like China in exchange for cheap labour and sales today blush.gif

You can shovel the technology or just wait a couple of weeks for them to de-engineer and steal it. Fuck International Patent Laws.

You can shovel the technology or just wait a couple of weeks for them to de-engineer and steal it. Fuck International Patent Laws.

Compare and contrast the business models:

Company A funds your R&D costs, tooling, and production costs for Billion dollar enterprise, then you acquire technology to sell to company A. Later you use your new expertise to break into billion dollar business competing against Company A.

You selffinance (or state aid) all of those costs to break into a billion dollar business against Company A

sounds like a mix of "all of us" and "our government". Hey, I am not defending China--I think their policies, human rights issues, tariffs, etc suck. But a mixed economy takes a while to find its balance.

Sounds like all of them must act through the government not on their own at least with regard to invesment decisions. I am not sure how you get an "and" out of it. Must be like the new math. Anyway I added China into the quote. The quote was from a speech Hillary gave last week at the Chicago Economic Club. Freakin' statist!