Weather woes...

telemarker

Just wonder if I'm the only one with the news: Forecast looks like no snow till after Christmas, at least enough to rip on. That means I'll be climbing in Leavenworth till January, which is good. The winters in WA the last couple years has made me a cynic. Not that they've been bad, but they've been so erratic and unpredictable. I think I'll sell by damn boards and move to Phoenix.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro,

They're a couple of wet noodle, fatty mtn. surfs. Not worth much, since I drilled t-nuts all the way through to stop ripping my binders out. I haven't tore them out since, though I've gone through a couple pair of superloops since then. If I'm not getting face shots by January, I'm burning the surfs.

quote:

Originally posted by telemarker:

Just wonder if I'm the only one with the news: Forecast looks like no snow till after Christmas, at least enough to rip on. That means I'll be climbing in Leavenworth till January, which is good. The winters in WA the last couple years has made me a cynic. Not that they've been bad, but they've been so erratic and unpredictable. I think I'll sell by damn boards and move to Phoenix.

Dude, just move a 100 miles east. Either that or be willing to drive over here to ski. You all in the Wenatchee area must be more in the rain shadow, as we've been skiing mostly powder on winter weekends the last 2 years. My wide boards have many more miles on them than my narrower or even my "all mountain" boards. Yeah, you have to be ready to follow the local little snow dumps--sometimes Lookout Pass area gets it more, other times Schweitzer or 49 DN or Mt. Spokane or Whitewater or Sherman Pass, etc., and last year was much better than the previous, but no complaints at all from the Spokane-CDA area.

--pindude

last year was much better than the previous, but no complaints at all from the Spokane-CDA area.

I'll agree last year was fine. Just fine. I want a freaking bounty of powder, though. In the b/c I can usually find the stashes, I haven't bought a lift ticket in 3 years. And last year had its moments, but I want it like it was in our nuclear winter was it 4 years ago??? This is Washington, it's supposed to rain every day in Seattle, and snow in der mountains. That's the rule, but lately it's been the exception. And what pisses me off even more is to hear the weather forecasters in Seattle so giddy at all the sun we've been having. Gawd, get a life, we need moisture!!!

And you actually believe the forecast?! Like they can get it right for Sunday on Thursday and you're taking their no snow for two months at face value.

Lighten up... I say "no snow until New Year" is pretty much a guarentee we'll be buried in the stuff by Thanksgiving.

quote:

Originally posted by salbrecher:

Snows comin this week!! I'm going skiing this weekend. Whistlers predicting 15+cm per day from mid week on!! Bwahahahah
[rockband]

No, MA, whistler does not open till end of november but they have a kick ass website that says snowpack, winds, and good forcasts for the area.