Prusik Peak

James

This route may be in the Beckey guide but I'm at work and don't have it with me...

From the belay after the friction slab on the WR you can look down the south face. I noticed a fixed piece w/ sling in a crack not far below the ridge. At the time I thought this was the SF route featured in Selected Climbs. As I remember the route looked clean and free of lichen.

Has anyone climbed this route? If so any beta on technical difficulties/quality would be appreciated!

As a recap: the route would be approached as for the SF, but continue left beyond the 5.7-8 chimey/crack for the start. Rather than climbing the route all the way to the summit as the SF route does one would meet the WR route at the point where the WR steepens into the summit pyramid, just past the friction slab/traverse.

[Cool]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 routes tha I know of over there. Also there is another incomplete route.

The only one that seems to converge with the WR is noted in the beckey book. These are not the Kearney or "Joust" (incomplete route) Look it up when you get home. I am sure there are a ton of possible variations including bail slings and other shit [Wink]