Alternate routes on or near Prusik Peak?

Know_Fear

Yep, climbed that crack about 7 years ago. Felt like stiff 5.8, but I'm not a crack wizard. Wasn't my idea, my partner wanted to check it out. Lots o' lichen however. But it was dry and crunchy. Someone stole two tires off my car when we returned to the parking lot.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TimL that looks like more than stellar rock.

But when you look at the plumb routes it seems that my opinion that the Beckey - Davis and the Stanley Burgner have the cake.

That one looks more like a craggin route in my eyes. Not that it looks negative in any way though!

The Boving Slabs on Dragontail look great too. But do they make a plumb or defnititive line that we might want to excited over. Well I guess the boving slabs look better on dragontail when compared to the rest [big Grin] Who knows. It's all about the fun [smile]

[ 08-29-2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

I just climbed the W. ridge of Prusik Peak and was a bit disapointed.

I'd heard so much about the route and its popularity. It was a long walk for a few 5.7 moves. However, I think it can be improved.

During the decent I noticed a 150' crack system that begins on the "3rd class ledge" and ends near the rapell anchor. This looked to be a more classic line. My guess is 5.8. It's covered w/ black lichen.

Has anybody climbed it? Are there any other routes on the north face? Are there any other routes on the S. face besides the three mentioned in Beckey's guide?

Has anyone climbed any other route (besides the Mole) in the Enchantments area - Beckey route or otherwise?