Canadian Telemetry

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The canadians are not interested in sharing weather data with any one really. They dont really report things with the same headings or same format so that outside comapanies can write code to retreive their data, such as warnings and watches and current weather data.

What is available to the general public data wise is, metar/taf reports which you can either interepert yourself or write code to do it or read the computer translation. Obviously this is only availble at airports and is only the days weather.

Aviation Report

What you want is sort of available, you can get daily observations but not of the current day, so for instance today I could only get a Daily obsevation of some station up till yesterday.

if you want hourly observations the data usually gets put on the web a couple days old, so hourly observations are only available up till the 27th today being the first.

and yu can find them here, if you need some help navigating PM me or post here.

Station Obsevations

And if you want more you really do need a 1 900 number and its 2.99 aminute

And if you want more you really do need a 1 900 number and its 2.99 aminute

I seem to recall reading that Barry Blanchard and crew called EC for a forecast while bivied high on Robson a few years back.

"Hi we're on Mt. Robson and are concerned we might die in this storm. Can you tell us what our chances are?"

hhaha, yup, all day long I get that...watch for me on TV week for the wedding of the year tongue.gif

all you rain haters out there, there has been this monster ridge being hinted at in the long range modles and it just wont go away, next week looks sunny and dry, hopefully. Now you can see the weather network showing their stream of suns on their 14 day outlook. Hopefully we get some cold weather, ideally the ridge would tilt back and we would see some cold artic air flood in.

fingers are crossed, I feel good about the sun but nothing to stand on as far as temperature goes.

edit: thought I would see what EC was going with and their you go, some more reasonable temps for then end of the weekend. Even for van dropping to a low of 0 for Sun

Getting better

Edited by jmace