Competition?

plexus

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice the Google ads are right in the middle of the page?

Some are for the community and most are for the money. At least here we know they really need the money to support the bandwidth of the 10,000 members and the other people who browse this site.

I'd bet PMS and FF get most of their web traffic from the ads posted here.

Notice the Google ads are right in the middle of the page?

Some are for the community and most are for the money.

dude, these guys are all volunteers and saved a valuable resource from oblivion. I even put up a thread about doing a paypal donation link for users like this site does and they shot me down. it's a great colorado(and beyond) resource done by climbers for climbers.

As the link shows,they are adding in stuff for the PNW. It's resource that is only as good as it's contributors. Look through the Colorado section to see what's possible...rock, ice,alpine beta and pics in a pretty organized format.

Dog them for paying the bills if you want, ya know? Would you feel better if these guys just paid for it all out of there own personal pockets?

Also, it's never going to replace CC.com because rule#1 is clearly stated when posting: "Don't be a Jerk".

TB, The mp.com site is not really new. climbingboulder.com, climbingmoab.com and many other very popular sister sites like these have all been pulled under this one roof now. I'm sure they are running on their own server which is allot more than $20 a month. Also, these guys have donated allot of their time, energy and technical skills to a good cause. Let them have a beer and pizza on me, ya know? Plus, even if they did make money on the advertising and contributions ...who cares? Why is that bad? Do you piss on the authors of paper guidebooks too for all of their hard work and slight them for profits of their labor?