well, dave from cch sure blew it...

RuMR

It's been clearly established over the past year that stem braze, trigger sheath, and axle hole location defects have made it out CCH's door, into retailers, and onto folks' racks.

It has? There are some people who assert they've CCH cams that are defective. Technically we don't know how many, whether these were actually sold - or someone picked them off the factory floor (happens alot!), or how compromised those defects make the product.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeezus carl!!

stringem up right short shit? Lynch 'em! Salve your shortperson angst with a good killin'! rolleyes.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

Ol' Carl...defender of the poor downtrodden cottage mompop operation...

I have a question for you carlyboy...suppose that was YOUR orange alien and the head fell off of it and suppose YOU posted something asking for info and CCH responded the way they did...How would YOU feel?

I have a question for you carlyboy...suppose that was YOUR orange alien and the head fell off of it and suppose YOU posted something asking for info and CCH responded the way they did...How would YOU feel?

Like a retard for expecting something other than spray on a message board smirk.gif

And if I were a manufacturer I wouldn't believe shit until it's actually in my hands. Which is the way QC has worked at the companies I've worked for.....

and what part of CUSTOM in CCH don't you understand? Every one is its own unique little cammy self, with its own quirks and personality. Sure, sometimes it is bitchy and blows up in your hands, but sometimes it doesn't! We all come in different colors of the rainbow, just like the aliens. MLK day is just around the corner. See the goodness through the bad!

Like a retard for expecting something other than spray on a message board smirk.gif

And if I were a manufacturer I wouldn't believe shit until it's actually in my hands. Which is the way QC has worked at the companies I've worked for.....

I could care less about the spray...I am talking about Dave's very own response...the guy fucking called him, sent him emails and it took forever to get a response and the first response was a "you've got to be joking"...

Now, let's suppose it was yours and you hadn't backed it up and you hit the ground and now you are really screwed up...would you be satisfied with the response??? I don't think so...

I could care less about the spray...I am talking about Dave's very own response...the guy fucking called him, sent him emails and it took forever to get a response and the first response was a "you've got to be joking"...

Now, let's suppose it was yours and you hadn't backed it up and you hit the ground and now you are really screwed up...would you be satisfied with the response??? I don't think so...

Ahhhh.... RUMR wants a good PR flack for CCH, isn't that sweet. He doesn't care about substance, he wants a pretty answer. Awwwww.... how fitting for a whiny little rock gimp.

All the cams in question with the three defects known so far were purchased from retailers. While the cause has not been conclusively established, at least two 2005 stem braze failures have occured. These defects, along with service and retailer problems are at this point documented facts. Testing yours is definitely optional, but I'll be testing mine as soon as I get a chance to. Again, we don't want to lose Dave, CCH, or Aliens - we just want to be able to depend on them.

All the cams in question with the three defects known so far were purchased from retailers.

There you go - it's the retailers' fault! They must be sabotaging them somehow after they leave the factory! rolleyes.gif

No, but I would make sure those retailers actually bought them directly from CCH, and that they weren't used by a customer and restocked (as more than one retailer has been known to do)

In case people don't want to click over:

In my reply to an earlier post I stated that Mountain Gear would test a sample of our in-stock Aliens and post results on this forum. Following are our findings. Please realize that Mountain Gear’s tests results are not “official,” they were not independent, nor did they represent a random sampling of all Aliens.

We took nine units of various sizes and date stamps dating back to the earliest we had in stock which is 0605 for pull testing. Of the nine Aliens tested, three brazes failed and the cable pulled out at below the CCH-stated max strength for that size. The failures were from different sizes and date stamps, and included both Hybrid and regular Aliens.

Since we reported these findings to Dave at CCH, he has been working diligently to identify the source and scope of the problem. I expect that we will see information from him soon. According to Dave, CCH is also reporting the issue to the CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission), and will work in concert with them to remove the potentially affected Aliens from the Market. You will have to rely on this process to get the final results of the investigation of these products.

We have also informed REI of our findings and they reacted quickly to work with CCH and Mountain Gear so that there can be a coordinated effort to get the potentially affected Aliens off the market and off climbers racks.

If you bought potentially affected Aliens from Mountain Gear:

We will contact you with instructions on getting them returned, inspected, repaired and/or replaced. We will also post information by Friday 12 p.m. PST on returning potentially affected CCH product at aliens" target="_blank">www.mountaingear.com/aliens.

Mountain Gear wants the best results for the climbing community. I wish I could tell you more but this is the best information we have at this time. We will continue to encourage CCH to act quickly to thoroughly complete their investigation, and will post more information on our website as we receive it from CCH or the CPSC.

Paul Fish

President

Mountain Gear, Inc