next step in ice leashes?

kurthicks

These look pretty cool. no fussing with unclipping, just lift your hands off. it seems like it would be great for those just getting into leashless climbing. too bad they're only designed for Camp Awax tools (which are pretty sweet IMO).

Awax-Freestyle-kit.png

"The Awax freestyle uses a special leash with a steel ring that rests in one of two hooks mounted to back of the shaft. The leash remains on the user's hand at all times while the semi-leashless functionality allows the user to manipulate placements for aggressive moves and establish a larger variety of resting positions."

http://www.camp-usa.com/module/product/detail.asp?ID=71

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bogen had a similar setup from Simond last winter, and what can i say, it froze up, spontaneously came undone, and generally sucked. The Android system works way better. Want to go leashless? Just don't clip your Android to the tool.

Eh...seems less than useful. If I am going to be wearing a leash I actually want the security of being protected from my own stupid self dropping a tool. You can certainly still drop a tool with this setup. I'll stick with the androids, which are pretty damn easy to clip - IMHO. In fact, I think if my sorry ass can clip androids then anybody who can't should maybe find a sport other than ice climbing.