New Year's resolution- dump the holiday weight

plark42

HWP snaf.gif

Spinning or cycle (whatever your gym calls it) has always worked for me when I'm not getting rides in outside. These are the organized group exercise sessions set to music riding on a bike with a big flywheel and variable resistance. Find an instructor that likes to rock out and the 45 minutes goes pretty quickly. You can target any zone you want, but it's pretty easy to go hard once you spend a couple weeks getting used to it. Do this 2-3x/wk and you'll really boost your metabolism. Then if you can limit your intake you will lose weight.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Muscle burns about 20-50x more calories than fat. If you can shed fat and add muscle, you'll be burning way more calories just sitting watching TV. You'll also burn k's by lifting. You gotta burn more k's than you eat - only way.

This is short of the idealized internet version. Lifting is often used in wieght lost programs and I'm certianly not saying you shouldn't lift to lose wieght. But your not going to be able to add muscle and shred fat at the same time. If calories in > calories burn = tissue added (type of tissue dependent on type of food, time of eating, lifestyle, hormones, etc. If calories in < calories burned = loss of tissue aka is loss of fat and muscle agian the ratio is subject to variables.

Come on eric, if you bust ass on the weights and keep your k intake below your burn rate, you're still going to tone and strengthen muscle and get rid of some fat. You're gonna chage your body's composition.

• 1 month later...