Hey catbirdseat

sexual_chocolate

Check out this news from across the pond, ya stinkin' thinker....

Age doesn't count 2005-12-17

Super lady Letizia Colombo 'Supertitta' (48) has had her best year ever and in 2005 as she has done La Danza Dei Cavalieri, 8a+ in Sperlonga and a 7c+ onsight in Kalymnos. When she was 40 she was struggeling doing 7a's. If we were to put all her ascents in a scorecard she would have passed 10 000 and been in the Top-15 in the world.

wadda ya say now, mr.? thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an American! Feet, inches, pounds, acres, Fords, Chevies, and the YDS. Fuck Europe. We will let Canada use the metric system, but the moment they eschew the YDS, the SAC will be bombing them back to the 1950's

yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif Spoken like a true dumb american, yep "I like using archaic system instead using a simpler and easier base 10 system, I am definitely going to keep driving my gas guzzling piece of shit car that uses gallons of gas instead of liter, fucking europeans."

damn man, rough. tryin' to psych you up and gettin' the slapdown....

I guess I'll stick to posting about knots and shit like that.

Perhaps I misinterpreted your intent. I was very tired.

perhaps.

you had posted at a previous time about one's inability to improve after a certain age, and it seemed to me that implicit within this sentiment was the feeling that this applied to you.

don't get me wrong: i don't think "improvement" is the only axis which climbing revolves around; but, if one does wish to reach for a more esoteric level of climbing, then i do think that the opportunity is there for anyone who chooses to do so.

i think it takes some willingness to believe that this is possible, and then inspired hard work (and fun).

It's got to be fun first, otherwise I won't do it. I find that if I compare myself to the rock stars, I just get discouraged. If instead I just focus on incremental improvement, I have more fun.

I climbed for many years with a friend who eventually began to focus on numbers and attaining the highest ones he could. I continued to climb with him long after it stopped being fun to do so because he was a friend. He eventually burned out and now spends his time canyoneering. I spend my climbing time pursuing goals that are fun. I push myself when the route is aesthetic, but pursuing difficulty is not the driving force behind my climbing goals.