trail pass tickets

mneagle

After a great trip to Snow Creek Wall, I returned to the parking lot for a moderately unpleasant encounter w/ officer friendly who handed me a $50 ticket for not having a Northwest Trail Pass. I have gotten a few of those "reminder to buy a season pass" envolopes on my windshield, but I was told by others that tickets can't be enforced and that court outcomes have so far been in favor of the ticketed. Does anyone know exactly what the legal status of trail passes is?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a demo fee project. you not buying one of those passes is your no vote for the demo fee project. go tell them to f$%k themselves. well you probably shouldn't do that, but the deforrest service is not up front or truthful about the whole situation. if you challenge that you should win. you already own the land. it is called double jepoardy, last time i remember we hucked a bunch of dru's relatives tea into the sea for that bullshit.

there are many links and conversations about this subject on the site do some searching.

power to the people!

yes. Piss on the USFS and this "demo" project. They are using deception to get their expenses paid for by climbers and wilderness users.

If you get a court date, I understand that you can blow off the court appearance as well, for the judge will see that the ticket is unenforceable and your appearance is NOT required. I think.

Hmmmm.. I wonder about my rights to avoid paying that stuff, which is all bullshit anyways, as a foreign visitor. Having already acquired a collection of "citations" and "warnings" for not paying the Bivi Site fee at Smith, and sleeping in the wrong sites at Leavenworth without paying, I worry that they're going to start turning me around at the border? The searches are already a bit much. Why can't they have some cute girls in uniforms doing the strip search instead of some failed ex-cop?

I think W is very very wrong about blowing off the court date. If you contest the ticket, and do not reach an agreement with the prosectuter, you must appear in court. The judge may agree that it is an unenforceable law, but he will take a dim view of any defendant who does not appear in his court. A failure to appear will result.