Come Camp and Climb at the 2005 Leavenworth RopeUp

mattp

Friday, September 30th, through Sunday, October 2.

We'll have the group campsite at the Eight Mile Campground in Icicle Creek, Friday and Saturday nights. Come joins us around the camfire or hook up for a climb.

This is an annual celebration. We'll have a couple of slideshows, a gear swap is brewing, and there will some opportunity for inexperienced climbers to try their hands on some deliciious Icicle Creek granite with some help from more experiencd climbers while others head off to climb on their own or wander around the canyon, enjoying the scenery.

It'll be a very good time ... hope you can make it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I assume the camfire is gonna happen after the gear swap (for the cams noone wanted) tongue.gif

But seriously, how much parking is available? Could someone show up unannounced and be reasonably sure of having a place to park and sleep? Or do some prior arrangements need to be made?

I have the day off work on Friday and plan to drive to Icicle in the morning. I have two empty seats in the car and no partner for climbing Friday.

Hmmm, weather forecast is sketchy for Friday, gets better Saturday. sketchy Fri forecast

But I already have the day off so I plan to go Friday fairly early morning, return Sun sometime. If you want to join me, shoot me a PM.

Doxey

ps. should I have posted this in Partners?

Some details about the slide show on Saturday night:

• I'll be showing pictures sent to me by a few CC.comers who are currently on other corners of the earth thumbs_up.gif
  • Kurt will show some slides of his Waddington trip from last year thumbs_up.gif
  • MisterE will show some slides (I believe from Mox) thumbs_up.gif
  • Jens and Loren will show slides from their daring J'berg climb this year thumbs_up.gif
  • If we are lucky, Colin will show up and show us some pictures of Nanga Parbat and Asia thumbs_up.gif

After this we'll have a wicked cool rave dance party and UNCAGE OUR SOULS. *

*just kidding about the dance party

Group campsite is the brown box tongue.gif

eigh_m.gif

The parking lot for the group site is the solid brown box. There is a large, pretty much continuous area in the trees between the lot and the road that can accomodate more than a dozen tents. There are about three nice sites with tables along the river, each of which will take two or three tents. Then there are some additional small sites along a dirt road that extends downriver from the parking lot.

I think there will be more than enough room for all. If the lot fills you can park outside the gate along the entrance or along the road. No problem.