knee jerk reaction

mec

so, now that Bush has come out and taken responsibility for the slow response to Katrina, I bet that he will put emergency preparedness close to the top of his agenda and will push to get billions of dollars passed to put a new agency in effect, or beef up FEMA, or whatever. However, these dollars will go nowhere. Not to help anyone or to get us prepared for the next disaster. They will just go down into a beaurocratic hole, or into passing a new law that will make us all safer from disasters (just like the Patriot Act). All the while congress will just nod their heads and say yes something has to be done, and pass the request for money. Kneejerk reactions suck. Someone needs to sit down and evaluate all of this before they go and spend all of our money doing something inefficiently that we really don't need.

OK, now that I have said that you can all go about your day.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriot Act is working. Didn't you hear, the gov't is now bringing the handful of librarians who have refused to hand over reader lists to court. Those librarians should be burned at the stake for protecting people's privacy!!

And Judith Miller is still in prison. For a story she never wrote. GO PARTIOT ACT!!

rockband.gif

And Judith Miller is still in prison. For a story she never wrote. GO PARTIOT ACT!!

rockband.gif

Do these have anything to do with each other? Judith Miller just refused to give up her sources... if the Patriot Act were in play here, the gov't would just have taken her notes forcefully or been monitoring her communications without her knowledge to find out the sources. I don't think any of that took place.

so, now that Bush has come out and taken responsibility for the slow response to Katrina, I bet that he will put emergency preparedness close to the top of his agenda and will push to get billions of dollars passed to put a new agency in effect, or beef up FEMA, or whatever. However, these dollars will go nowhere. Not to help anyone or to get us prepared for the next disaster. They will just go down into a beaurocratic hole, or into passing a new law that will make us all safer from disasters (just like the Patriot Act). All the while congress will just nod their heads and say yes something has to be done, and pass the request for money. Kneejerk reactions suck. Someone needs to sit down and evaluate all of this before they go and spend all of our money doing something inefficiently that we really don't need.

OK, now that I have said that you can all go about your day.

Thank God my belief that social security will not be there in 30 years is coming more and more to fruition!