Dreamer?

highclimb

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We did it last May 31. Hot as hell. Some snow on backside of the top for replenishing, but the approach and route were dry. If you go with your cousin Colin, I trust you'd dispense with ropes, pro, and such. Right?

John Sharp

Here's a picture (from another thread) from the day gregW and Matt were there. GGB is the right of the two granite buttresses you can see there. It doesn't look like there's snow on it from this pic, but Matt was there and he probably got a better view. The top of Dreamer is a knife edge ridge so I doubt it could hold much snow anyway. I'd definitely bring an ice-axe and boots for the approach.

gregtop.JPG

Alright thanks for the information guys!

nope colin's got other plans this weekend, but i wish he would go climbing with me!

might give it a shot or might head to the moutains. i will post conditions if we do end up doing it.

bring an ice axe? really?

thanks again,

Aidan

I was up on Safe Sex last sunday. The aproach only has snow at the last steep part, and the 3 of us did it with one trekking pole a piece in approach shoes. Although boots are not required they might have been a little nice.

If I were you I would just Rap the route. There are rap stations all over the place on the face. The likelyhood of snow in the Descent gully is what would worry me most at this point in the year!

Good luck, and if a guy on the road tries to give you beta on the route for 2 hours, Don't Listen! [Cool]