Take me out Enumclaw Style

catbirdseat

With his current format, it's just too much of the same drivel over and over for me to be entertained (it doesn't insult me, b/c it's just a schtick; although it's alarming how many "men" probably take him seriously). I listened at first, but he beats a dead horse. IMHO.

But then, I didn't hear the Enumclaw show!

The first hour of his daily show is definitely the best, where he typically starts with a monologue based on a recent event or news article. I agree that it often gets stale when the morons start calling in and try to impress the nation with their pathetic attempts at wit.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thinker--if that was a clean as the message leykis sends out, i'd have no problem. like knotzen, i enjoyed his show in the early 90s until he abandoned all pretense at intellect.

thinker--you have to had to the leykis mantra that if you treat women like dirt they'll fall for it and all the follow up corrallaries to that. uggh!

Thankfully I'm not attracted to women who fall for (or expect) that kind of crap. I prefer my friends and lovers to be confident, independent thinkers who aren't afraid to express their opinions.

There's no doubt that there are many people, both men and women, who buy into that crap and what's the problem with pointing it out. Should that "weakness" in people be exploited? I don't know....what I do know is that it IS being exploited every day, all around the world. Are we sick for finding it entertaining to hear about? Probably.

I see Leykis as a great observer and reporter of the tendencies of people. If there's one thing I'd object to about his philosophy, it would be the encouragement of the exploitation of those observations and trends. But HEY, it happens in all aspects of our lives: business, religion, personal relationships, government, and just about any other arena you could name.

(and if this were a formal doccument I'd edit those last 2 paragraphs a bit to make them flow better, but spray doesn't merit that effort.)

So, I kick back and enjoy the banter and the sometimes ourtrageous opinions.

Ahh....the joys of free speech.

thinker--if that was as clean aa the message leykis sends out, i'd have no problem. like knotzen, i enjoyed his show in the early 90s until he abandoned all pretense at intellect.

sorry about the derek lowe mix up--i thought he was the one shagging his nanny. really, who cares if he's screwin the sports journalist and the ethics behind it. frankly, a biased sports story about some red sox catcher really doesn't amount to much in the world of journalism imo.

thinker--you have to had to the leykis mantra that if you treat women like dirt they'll fall for it and all the follow up corrallaries to that. uggh!

squid--quit playing with poles and go get ready to compete w/derek lowe.

that was jude law as i was informed by my wife... yelrotflmao.gif

I agree that it often gets stale when the morons start calling in and try to impress the nation with their pathetic attempts at wit.

hey, are we talking about cc.com or tom leykis?

and yes, all men have a bit of jerk in them. some more than others!

as opposed to women who are all sugar and spice rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I would argue that someone in the media does not just observe trends, they further them by discussing them over and over and over again until people believe that outrageous behavior is the norm and therefore acceptable.

yep

thinker--ah yes the joys of free speech. or should i say speach? that doesn't make him right or his content any less abhorent.

you are almost worse than the morons who openly condone he philosophy. by your tacit acceptance of that sort of behaviour, you do nothing but encourage more of it. you listen the show, thereby increasing his audience and thus increasing advertiser support. nothing furthers a trend like economic power.

thinker--if that was as clean aa the message leykis sends out, i'd have no problem. like knotzen, i enjoyed his show in the early 90s until he abandoned all pretense at intellect.

sorry about the derek lowe mix up--i thought he was the one shagging his nanny. really, who cares if he's screwin the sports journalist and the ethics behind it. frankly, a biased sports story about some red sox catcher really doesn't amount to much in the world of journalism imo.

squid--quit playing with poles and go get ready to compete w/derek lowe.

he's playing with his "pole" to train...oh wait, you meant "poll"... yelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gif

I would argue that someone in the media does not just observe trends, they further them by discussing them over and over and over again until people believe that outrageous behavior is the norm and therefore acceptable.

yep

thinker--ah yes the joys of free speech. or should i say speach? that doesn't make him right or his content any less abhorent.

you are almost worse than the morons who openly condone he philosophy. by your tacit acceptance of that sort of behaviour, you do nothing but encourage more of it. you listen the show, thereby increasing his audience and thus increasing advertiser support. nothing furthers a trend like economic power.

Exactly. Free speech is not tough to come by in our country.

Its free thinkers that seem to be a rarity.

as opposed to women who are all sugar and spice rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

No, women get a bit of the jerk put in them, too.

FREUDIAN SLIP? smirk.gif

I don't think Archie slips much- it just takes you awhile to catch on.

if they are lucky, but dont worry there are always power tools and cats. pitty.gif

Ah, another fallicy.

Finding a man with a dick that works is not tough. Finding a man with a heart that works is damn near impossible.

HEY PUNKS! I said i had trouble thinking...

what, open season on me? I see everyone got their tags... the_finger.gif

don't even have to get a tag to hunt you rumr. you're considered a common pest, there's a reward for every bit of your hide that's turned in

if they are lucky, but dont worry there are always power tools and cats. pitty.gif

<SNIP> Finding a man with a heart that works is damn near impossible.

You really think that????? Wow...

<SNIP> Finding a man with a heart that works is damn near impossible.

You really think that????? Wow...

Yes.

yep

Somehow I'm missing the (inside?) joke about the word "speach".

I don't agree that it's abhorrent. It's no worse than a newspaper publishing names and crimes based on police reports, television showing images of US bombs dropped on civilians, or religious radio stations broadcasting hate messages about abortion.

If anything, it rousts people like yourself to action to correct the injustices you perceive in his words. Btw, what specifically to you object to in his message? What exactly has he said that's riled you up so?