OMG!

Dr_Crash

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am saving for the Quarks. I'll suck up the extra weight on alpine, or will eventually use that as an excuse to get something else tongue.gif.

I played with Quarks, Aztars, Black Prophets and Cobras. The Cobras were sooo sweet but they're way heavy; I loved those things but wouldn't lug them on a mountain. Someone has a pair of Aztarex but we got split and I couldn't try them. Also climbed using just plain old ice axs which was fun too.

I only fell once without a rope and didn't break anything (but that will teach me from running up high daggering without really planting the picks). I give credit to skiing since I hopped a few times looking for balance after the slide.

Oh, NOLSe, dunno about leashless now. We brought a pair of fruit boots for fun, and the one thing about the spurs is that they were quick to cut a long slit in my brand new pants (I heard about gaiters, yes, but left them in the car).

I can't wait for winter and waterfall ice (not to mention that ski season I've been robbed of this year). El Nino, go home, bring on winter!

drC

Like I said I could try, but right now I can not make any promises until the end of the year. I got an invite to go to Morrocco to go climbing ice in March and there are many other places to go, like Malawi where there is 1700m face. Also note I was kidding about learning how to ice climb on the Breach Wall, it is pretty serious shit, not a place for learning, but the mountain to climb yeah.