Too late for Torment-Forbidden?

denalidevo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The schrund on the Taboo glacier approach is most likely unpassable by now. we crossed the last sketchy snowbridge about 10 days ago, and the schrund went all the way across the glacier. it may be passable on rock to climber's left or I bet you could go in via the Torment Glacier though... No word on the traverse though, we got rained off from the East Col/first glacier on Torment.

Did it last year in early October. We used the SE Face of Torment for access. The glacier was no problem at all. The climbing on the SE face was great. Clean, easy to mid 5th, with fixed anchors (slung horns). Getting on the face from the glacier was super easy. Go do it!

you can access from the rock on the climbers right and then traverse above the moat to the S. Ridge notch. Looked good to go. The moats on the NW glacier side would have me more worried but I am sure there will be ways around the difficulties for the persistant.