Icicle Canyon Physics Lab Axed

klenke

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben

A mixed bag, some have small crags or immediate access to the higher bigger stuff we love so much, others have squat.

Besides I fail to see the relevance of crag vs. noncrag property being salvaged/saved/or spared. confused.gif Oh wait, cause it effects you...

bigdrink.gif

Edited by slaphappy

Maybe.........as a suggestion...........a thought is to get some sort of a permanent Icicle acquisition fund going. Try to get it stuffed with cash and keep it that way, to be able to snap things up as they come on the market rather than having to do 11th hour, nail-biting appeals as was the case with Sam Hill.

I don't have millions to contribute but I'd do some & I'd be really happy to work on such a project.

ron, I was just curious. all icicle canyon land acquisitions affect all of us users of the canyon... the bottom line is the icicle is unique and should not be compromised by private property. I think mr MO has a great idea... I will manage this fund with your help... please send me money now. I will treat it just like the forest circus does with their forest management money. yellaf.gif

seriously, I do not have the time to create such a organization... maybe a freind of ours should do it. sure would tighten that person up, don't you think???

There is plenty of undeveloped parcels up the canyon, some for sale right now, instead of whinning about how things should/used to be, motivate and set somethin up like the WCC did with Sam Hill.

Maybe.........as a suggestion...........a thought is to get some sort of a permanent Icicle acquisition fund going. Try to get it stuffed with cash and keep it that way, to be able to snap things up as they come on the market rather than having to do 11th hour, nail-biting appeals as was the case with Sam Hill.

I don't have millions to contribute but I'd do some & I'd be really happy to work on such a project.

I don't see why the WCC as an organization can't help facilitate this, but I believe the WCC could definitely use some more support.

I think is it possible some of you don't know what the WCC is, or believe it is just a personal vessel for a couple of people, but it is not. It is an organization that is dedicated to perserving climbing access in Washington State...sort of a local version of the Access Fund, except that it is just focused on Washington state. It seems to me that one of the main reasons the WCC exists is to address concerns such as the ones raised above...and hopefully in a proactive manner. I personally think there is room for opinions at the WCC, as long as they are voiced in constructive way.

The only way I see us continuing to protect our access is to speak as one voice, at least on stuff that we agree on....like peserving general climbing access. Perserving our access to Sam Hill and other areas seems to me to be an issue we can all agree on.