Nice morning at Index

skykilo

Ross and I headed to Index this morning. Nevermind the drizzle, a nice breakfast at the Sultan bakery helped us keep our hopes high.

We began on Libra. I won't say anything about Ross and his lead of it; he can out himself. I was happy to cruise it on top rope without ever weighting the rope this time. Maybe I'll lead it next time...

Next we went to Roger's Corner. I had fun leading the first two pitches after a couple slippery attempts to get across the slab to the initial hand crack. Ross made nice work of Breakfast of Champions. Now that is a sweet crack! Slightly overhanging with sweet hand jams and great feet. I'll be climbing that again and again.

We still had some time before Ross had to head to work, so I led the fist crack that starts Lizard, to the sickle-shaped crack above it, to the funky Blockbuster off-width. Thanks to the Mountain Madness people for letting us climb by their stuff on the fist crack. It was probably pretty entertaining for them to watch me teach myself how to do an arm bar for the first time after several attempts at the Blockbuster.

Finally Ross went for his revenge on Libra. It wasn't pretty, but somehow he got up the thing.

Public Enemy, coffee, and now the lab, yeah boyEEEEEEEEE! Cold lampin'...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic