• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Szyjakowski

alphabet rock area

There is a recent sport route to the far right of hindquarters, dogleg crack area...anyone know about it? Four bolts up crack-like features, steepish face crimping. hahaha.gif

got some info. thanks rc.

For anyone who cares: 4 bolts 5.11/12

30+ feet of climbing to an anchor that isn't at the top of the cliff. That makes me wonder....why the fuk not?

Hard dirty climbing to that point though.

CHEERS- bigdrink.gif

larry

although I agree that the route is... well, silly. (woulda been much better left as a toprope w/ the anchors actually at the top of the "cliff") Have you even seen it? Do you know it's a contrivance? Don't you live like 1000 miles from L-town? rolleyes.gif

737 miles.

yellaf.gif I wasn't far off considering I was shooting from the hip. Congrats on gettin hitched. bigdrink.gif My truck? gee big surprise.

but did you see the route? When you climbed it, was it contrived?

Since we're on the subject of Alphabet Rock...someone took one of the hangars (and the accompanying chain) at the top of Meatgrinder. Really no big deal, since there's still one hangar and beefy chain, alongside a nice crack to put a second piece. In fact, one could easily set up a gear anchor without using the fixed anchor, so why would this person steal only one of the hangars/chain?

that chain and bolt used to be just sitting in the dirt next to the crack. but this past sunday it was gone. Damn rockfest....

Because they were trying to discourage folks from lowering off the chains?

I bet people will still lower off the single bolt and chain to avoid the 3rd class downclimb.

I climbed Meat Grinder on Saturday at about 4pm, and both hangers and chains were there. We had one party of two jump on the route after us.....