climbing 5.10

Figger_Eight

I just read this great article on how to get better, and will get you climbing 5.10 AT LEAST. Here are some of the tips thumbs_up.gif

- Always communicate verbally with other climbers so that everything can be performed in the proper sequence, with everyone remaining in the loop.

- You must look up to find handholds and down for footholds. A hold can serve as both a handhold and a foothold.

- Since your arms tire more easily, climb by pushing with your legs instead of pulling with your arms.

- Use handholds at head level because raising your arms any higher can get exhausting.

- Limit unnecessary motions as you may lose your balance and waste precious energy.

- You should always make contact with the rock in three places: two feet and one hand, or one foot and two hands.

- Your footholds should be generously spaced; small steps seem more inviting but consume more energy.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about upside-down on the front of my shirt so I don't have to take it off or ask someone else to read it for me. I can read the helpful reminder to look down for footholds while I'm actually on a route, you know, looking down for footholds.