Car suggestions

carolyn

Its time to replace my old beater with a newer beater. cool.gif

Ive been researching, but curious about others opinions on certain cars.

Im looking for something yr 2000 or newer with 50-70kmiles, depending on what kind of car it is. No more than $6k. I drive a lot for work so I need good mileage. I dont need lots of frills. Heck right now my car has no heat, windshield washer doesnt work, plexiglass for one of my windows, no air, just a am/fm radio, etc.

What are your thoughts on

cavaliers (I own an 89 right now at 127k miles)-Ive liked mine for what it is and its been reliable w/decent gass mileage.

saturns - I hear either really good or really bad things about them. I like the no rust idea with the plastic vs metal. Great mileage. I dont see high mileage on them. Throw away cars?

hyundai - new cars have great warranties. Cant get a new one. I havent seen many with high miles. Are they throw awya cars?

Ford focus-my opinion is similar to the saturns on these cars. Tho I havent heard good or bad about them.

Ive been digging hard to find a toyota or honda. I would be willing to go to an earlier year and a bit higher mileage on one of those. They still seem to be out of my price range.

any other suggestions?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

except VW are not as reliable as Japanese made cars and the parts are freaking expensive! Go with small cars from Honda or Toyota.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif TurboDiesel VW's are cool, the do command a premium, unless you are careful. The recent mexican built Vw's(Jetta) aren't as good as the Germans. Honda's are cheap to own and run. As are toyotas.

For that much $ my grandmother will shortly(couple months) have an '01 Dodge Intrepid for sale. Garaged, well maintained, 20k or similarly stupidly low miles. Just west of you in 'tonka.

turbodiesel vw's are NOT cool when diesel remains more expensive than regular gasoline. wtf. That stuff is almost pumped directly from the ground. They are cool cause you can run biodiesel though.

I think the increased fuel efficiency can make up for the higher gas price. Plus if you can figure out a way to make your own biodiesel, you don't have to pay gas tax.

They are also pretty small from what I hear (at least the jetta wagons are)

My mom has a Jetta TDI 4-door sedan, and it feels smaller than my 2-door Civic hatchback.